Hultafors Agdor Carpenters Axe 1kg
With its straight handle and long, narrow and straight edge, this Hultafors carpenters axe from the *Agdor range provides you with the precision any skilled craftsman demands. The finger notch in the axe head allows a grip where your hand is placed, almost straight above the center of the cutting edge, for increased precision. The head is Hand Forged from special Swedish carbon steel using time tested methods the Hults Bruk forge has been using since 1697.
The Axe features a 500mm Swedish made American Hickory handle providing a perfect combination of beautiful balance, strength and power with the head weight of 1000g. It is suitable for felling of small/medium trees, medium/heavy de-limbing, shelter building, light splitting and all kinds of tasks when the power of a full-size Axe is required.
*Supplied with a Raw edge which requires final shaping and honing. We recommend a Hultafors Grinding Stone to get the job done properly.
- The axe is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel using traditional methods in use since 1697.
- The steel is stuck several times, increasing its density and thereby the durability of the axe.
- Has a clear tempered zone within which the axe can be sharpened whilst not detracting from the strength of the edge.
- Delivered with a raw edge
- The shaft is made from hickory and treated with linseed oil.
- Sheath not included