Opinel Natural Sharpening Stone 10cm
Out of stock
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?
The Opinel Pocket Knife Sharpening Stone is made from Natural Lombard stone, an excellent sharping material from Lombardi, Italy. The quarries of Lombardi are known to produce some of the world’s best natural sharpening stones. The natural Lombardi stone has been recognised since the 15th century for its outstanding sharpening qualities due to its perfect, uniform balance of quartz and carbonates.
OPINEL sharpening tips:
- When using a whetstone for sharpening the blade, the blade must be dry and cleaned of all traces of lubricant.
- Slightly wet the natural stone.
- Sharpen the cutting edge by pressing hard on the stone and going back and forth along the blade (the stone is at a 20° angle with the blade). Start from the base of the blade moving towards the tip of the blade in an alternating and regular movement.
- Steel burr forms on the opposite side of the blade which prevents it from cutting. This burr must therefore be removed. This is the second stage of the sharpening process.
- Cut the burr with the stone by using a back and forth movement (the stone is at a 20° angle with the blade). Start from the base of the blade moving towards the tip of the blade in an alternating regular movement but with less pressure than the first time.
- Finally, lightly pass the stone on each side of the cutting edge (twice).
10 cm long.