Helko Werk Pathfinder Hatchet
Available on backorder
EXPECTED TO START SHIPPING EARLY NOVEMBER
Why you should consider a pre-order
The Classic Pathfinder hatchet is perfect for backpackers, campers, and general backyard use. The butt end, opposite to the blade, can be used for light hammering and is perfect for striking in tent stakes. Comes with our standard top-grade American cowhide 6oz leather adjustable sheath.
Made with C50 High-grade carbon steel which has been forged by hand, heat-treated, and oil-hardened. Hardness is approximately 53-56 HRC (Rockwell). Hand-ground and polished to a mirror finish and stamped with ‘Helko’ crown mark
The handle is made from ‘A’ grade American Hickory which has been individually selected for grain orientation and density and hand finished with boiled linseed oil.
- C50 high-grade carbon steel
- Open die drop forged by hand, heat-treated, and oil-hardened
- Approximately 53-56HRC (Rockwell)
- Hand-ground and polished to a mirror finish
- Stamped with ‘Helko’ crown mark
- Crafted from Grade ‘A’ American Hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Hand-finished with boiled linseed oil
- Traditionally hung with softwood wedge and round steel pin
Head Weight 600g
Gross Weight 900g
Handle Length 38cm
C50 high-grade carbon steel
‘A’ Grade American Hickory
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Fabulous weight, sharp and love the handling of it
Very happy with this hatchet. The quality is exactly what I was hoping for. Can't wait to road-test it now that we're allowed out camping again!
Great hatchet, well made, very happy!
This manufacturer make a great axe and this is no exception - well hung and quality. Head shape is fit for purpose.