Helko Werk Hudson Bay Camp Hatchet
Available on backorder
EXPECTED TO START SHIPPING EARLY NOVEMBER
Why you should consider a pre-order
If you are seeking an entry-level hatchet the Helko Werk Hudson Bay Camp Hatchet is what you are looking for. The lightweight 500g head is ground and polished to a highly reflective finish that reduces friction when cutting and improves rust resistance. The very nearly straight 35cm handle is of fine Swiss Ash and hand finished with a light lacquer to protect the wood.
Made with C50 high-grade carbon steel open die drop forged by hand, heat-treated, and oil-hardened. Approximately 53-56HRC (Rockwell), hand-ground and polished to a mirror finish stamped with ‘Helko’ crown mark.
Crafted from fine Swiss Ash which has been individually selected for grain orientation and density. Hand-finished with boiled linseed oil. The hatchet comes with a full head leather sheath with belt loops.
- C50 high-grade carbon steel
- Open die drop forged by hand, heat-treated, and oil-hardened
- Approximately 53-56HRC (Rockwell)
- Hand-ground and polished to a mirror finish
- Stamped with ‘Helko’ crown mark
- Crafted from fine Swiss Ash
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Hand-finished with boiled linseed oil
- Traditionally hung with softwood wedge and round steel pin
- Made in Germany
Head Weight 500g
Gross Weight 700g
Handle Length 35cm
C50 high-grade carbon steel
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Fabulous weight, sharp and love the handling of it
Very happy with this hatchet. The quality is exactly what I was hoping for. Can't wait to road-test it now that we're allowed out camping again!
Great hatchet, well made, very happy!
This manufacturer make a great axe and this is no exception - well hung and quality. Head shape is fit for purpose.