Barebones Pulaski Axe
Out of stock
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?
Splitting, chopping and processing wood is an enjoyable and satisfying skill that almost anyone can achieve with a little practice. The Barebones Pulaski Axe is a traditional tool made modern with the usual Barebones attention to detail. Perfectly weighted and balanced, the hand-sharpened carbon steel head has two actions – a sharp concave blade for chopping on one side and a Matlock or Adze for digging and excavating on the other. The Pulaski name is derived from the original designer who created this axe as a special hand tool to be used by regional firefighters in the US. This is an excellent all-purpose tool and handy to have around camp or in the garden for digging holes in root-bound soil.
The core of the axe handle is full tang steel which runs the length of the axe and is overlaid with a solid beechwood handle – the advantage of this is that it’s very difficult to break and the beechwood handle can be easily replaced if it wears out. The base of the axe is a pommeled, perfect if you need to hammer in tent pegs.
- Perfectly weighted and balanced
- 1.5kg hand-sharpened 1055 carbon steel head
- Dual-purpose head: axe blade for chopping and adze for digging
- Concave blade for chopping and splitting
- Full tang steel axe shaft
- Solid Beechwood handle – removable via hex nut for easy re-handling
- Steel pommel at the base for hammering action
- 60cm L x 30.5 cm W
- Beech Wood
- 1055 Carbon Steel
- Limited lifetime
1 Pulaski Axe
1 Leather or Canvas Sheath
1 Hex Key